Pulse Check: How Small Businesses Perform Amid Economic Uncertainty
This event has passed.
The banking crisis and persistent inflation have escalated concerns over the economic health of American small businesses. Indicators suggest potential contractions of credit to small businesses and a possible weakening in hiring. But how are small businesses doing, really?
The new Shopify Entrepreneurship Index shows that even in these uncertain times, entrepreneurs continue to have a positive economic impact across the country when it comes to jobs, GDP, and business activity. Join BPC for a discussion on what the latest data on small business says and how federal policymakers can help shore up confidence among small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Fireside chat with:
- Rep. Marc Molinaro (R-NY)
- Rep. Marie Gluesenkamp Perez (D-WA)
- Michele Nellenbach | Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, BPC (Moderator)
Panel discussion with:
- Erin Pelton | Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, Shopify
- Anika Hobbs | Founder, Nubian Hueman
- John Dearie | President, Center for American Entrepreneurship
- Rachel Snyderman | Senior Associate Director, BPC (Moderator)
More Upcoming Events
Sign Up for Event Updates
BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.