The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC has an immediate opening for a senior policy analyst to support the Health Innovation Initiative. The Health Innovation Initiative conducts research and collaborates with experts and stakeholders across the health care sector to develop recommendations related to strategies for improving health and health care, supporting medical innovation while addressing affordability, and optimizing the role of information technology (IT) in improving health and health care.
This position reports to the Director of the Health Innovation Initiative and the Chief Medical Advisor.
The senior policy analyst is responsible for a broad range of activities within the Health Innovation Initiative, including the following:
- Conducting and synthesizing the results of research on prescription drug costs, specifically related to topics such as reference pricing and market exclusivity.
- Conducting and synthesizing the results of research on topics associated with health technology, health care innovation, advanced health data, and health IT.
- Demonstrating interest in and knowledge of health care policy. Analyzing and developing concise, accurate summaries of legislative and regulatory policy
- Assessing alignment of legislative and regulatory policy with established principles and policies set forth by the Health Innovation Initiative
- Participating in and documenting key insights shared by the numerous experts and stakeholders involved in the Initiative’s collaborative efforts and creating and disseminating accurate and balanced meeting summaries
- Writing health care policy pieces, including but not limited to issue briefs, white papers, meeting summaries, blogs, and Health Innovation Initiative updates
- Effectively interacting with experts and leaders from the public and private sectors, and across every sector of health care
- Coordinating, preparing, and conducting follow-up associated with numerous phone and face to face work group and other collaborative meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least four years experience working in a health policy or health technology policy environment
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and synthesize research
- Demonstrated ability to write short policy pieces on topics associated with health and/or technology policy
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on health and health technology policy and technical information; ability to understand and effectively translate and document expert and stakeholder insights related to policy and technical information
- Demonstrated project and/or program management skills
- Ability to work both independently, and within a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with juggling priorities and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and strong personal interaction skills
- High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate and work effectively with senior leaders across the health care and technology industries
- Resourceful, results-oriented, team player with a “can do” attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job, Senior Policy Analyst, Health Innovation Initiative, in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.