The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national security, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC is accepting applications for an Associate Director and/or Senior Associate Director on the Energy Project team. The BPC Energy Project is a dynamic and fast-moving effort that is looking for an individual to grow our deep decarbonization work, build a robust clean energy deployment portfolio ranging from advanced nuclear to carbon capture, and explore how BPC can help move forward an adaptation/resiliency agenda. Successful candidate(s) will possess the political and policy experience necessary to establish strategy and tactics; managerial experience to work with high-level principals as well as stakeholders and BPC staff; and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Assist Director in leading all aspects of the energy project
- Lead BPC’s deep decarbonization and clean energy portfolio
- Work with Director to establish the project’s annual work plan, set strategic goals and ensure execution of all project activities
- Engage in public speaking – participate in BPC and external events
- Lead and/or assist with key BPC convenings including: Council meetings; stakeholder roundtables, press conference calls, etc.
- Responsible for assigning project needs across project team
- Working with Council members, stakeholders and BPC team, conceive of written collateral to impact the debate (including reports with policy recommendations, staff white papers or issue briefs, blogs, fact sheets, etc). Oversee and participate in research, drafting and design of written products
- Working with Director, manage junior staff
- Working with BPC’s legislative team (BPC Action) conduct outreach and educational activities to engage high-level stakeholders including executive branch officials, Members of Congress and their key staff, etc.
- Working with BPC’s communications team, develop and execute a communications strategy that includes participating in media opportunities (TV, print and social media); releasing project collateral; hosting public events; and other activities intended to increase the impact of the project
- Responsible for managing budgets and helping to raise resources to support project (activities will include drafting foundation proposals/reports, managing relationships with current supporters/engaging with potential supporters, working with the finance team to manage expenses)
- Relevant advanced degree (or equivalent)
- 10 years relevant experience, including management experience, preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team, think creatively, and work well in a bipartisan organization
- Demonstrated success managing consensus-based processes and leading high-level diverse groups
- Interaction with political leaders, organizations, foundations, interest groups, media and academic communities
- Experience moving ideas from conceptual stages to completion
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, plan, organize, and communicate effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with executive and/or legislative branches
- Excellent research and writing skills
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Associate Director, Energy Project, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an equal opportunity employer.