The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Health Coverage and Payment Project is looking for a Project Coordinator to manage a new rural health care project and provide administrative support to the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and track all project workflow, including managing deadlines for collateral development, grant reporting, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination, and execution of public events and private stakeholder meetings including booking space, coordinating attendees, and preparing materials as needed
- Responsible for attending all stakeholder meetings, taking notes, circulating notes as needed and managing meeting follow up activities.
- Provide administrative support for Project Director including calendar management, scheduling, and managing expenses
- Serve as point of contact for project with, task force members, advisory committee members and consultants; activities might include processing reimbursement requests, booking air and hotel accommodations; and helping to develop, compile and distribute briefing books
- Responsible for project contact management including maintaining CRM mailing lists
- Assist policy team with research for and drafting of project written materials including blogs, issue briefs, white papers, etc.
- Assist with the development of podcasts, videos and other project activities
- Work with Development to track grant management
- Work with Finance to track budget management
- Assist with coverage of front desk
- Coordinate with other project coordinators on institution-wide efforts
- Responsible for other clerical and logistical tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2–3 years’ work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to coordinate projects
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in health care policy a plus
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job (Project Coordinator, Health Coverage and Payment), in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.