The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, governance, and evidence-based policymaking.
BPC is currently seeking a Policy Analyst to support activities for BPC’s Health Program focusing on health insurance coverage, payment and delivery. The Health Program is committed to developing bipartisan policy recommendations that will improve health care quality, lower costs, and enhance health care coverage and delivery. The Program brings together political leaders and experts to produce reports and policy recommendations and works with stakeholders from other organizations to develop policy recommendations and advance our policy objectives. The Analyst will focus on a number of issue areas related to public and private health insurance, payment and delivery, and long-term care, and will focus on Medicaid policy, as well as other issues as needed.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting written work products – including white papers, issue briefs, blogs and sections of reports;
- Leading legislative, regulatory and policy research;
- Working with communications, legislative advocacy and development teams to draft fact sheets, one- and two-pagers and project materials;
- Supporting event activities, including public and private events, as well as stakeholder briefings;
- Participating in project outreach and engagement with issue area experts, senior fellows, and project principals.
- Experience in research and writing related to federal health care issues, including legislation, regulations, policies;
- Knowledge of health care payment and delivery, expertise in Medicaid policy is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of health policy experience, or advanced degree in health-related issue area, and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job (Policy Analyst, Health Coverage and Payment), in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.