The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Operations Assistant will provide primary support to the Operations Department, which includes Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations, and Administration.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume all functions of contract management for BPC and BPC Action
- Serve as contracts administration, working with project directors and senior management on completing contracts to full execution
- Using the BPC contracts template, work with projects and VP of Finance to obtain all required elements during the contract development process
- Oversee all outgoing and incoming consultant contracts; file and monitor the status of all contract agreements
- Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract content and attachments
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate with all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Regularly update VP of Finance and Administration on status of pending contracts as well as executed contracts throughout the year
- Maintain contracts spreadsheet and regularly update finance and accounting teams on all changes and amendments
- Ensure all required forms, including Form W-9, are received and stored in designated online folders
Finance and Operations
- Provide strategic support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration to increase operational performance and efficiency of the organization
- Assist accounting team with weekly invoice tracking, accounts payable scanning and filing, and other duties as assigned
- Assist finance team with data presentation copying and dissemination
- Work with Vice President of Finance and Administration and Director of HR to create formal information sharing/communications content to regularly share information among projects and departments
- Track and maintain requirements of annual state solicitation filings for BPC and BPC Action
- Work with Director of HR and PGPF Foundation staff to plan, coordinate and implement the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal policy summer internship program by acting as the primary point of contact for interns before, during and after the 10 week program, and developing a calendar of events to include full day orientation, educational outings, host scholar panels, trip to Foundation’s New York offices, social events and final presentations.
- Work with the Director of HR to organize and lead the Community Service Committee
- Provide additional support as needed to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
- Work with other support personnel to plan and organize activities including staff lunches, meetings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of previous administrative experience
- Experience with contracts preferred
- Energetic self-starter prepared to take initiative on a wide range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to be a proactive member of the team
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work effectively while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Word a must.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Operations Assistant, in the subject line of your email.