BPC Action is committed to seeing bipartisan policy solutions enacted into law, and we work closely with our 501(c)(3) partner, the Bipartisan Policy Center, to advance smart policies through the legislative process.
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is a solid precursor to sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process. To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans designed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to achieve policy changes on polarizing issues.
The Manager/Senior Manager is a senior-level position and will report to the BPC Action Executive Director and will be responsible for developing and managing advocacy activities around health care and economic policies.
- Set strategic vision and goals for health and economic policy advocacy.
- Provide strategic political advice for BPC’s health and economic policy projects.
- Oversee congressional outreach and represent BPC Action on behalf of BPC’s policy projects at regular meetings with congressional members and staff.
- Facilitate the provision of technical assistance to congressional offices, drafting of congressional hearing testimony, and federal regulatory comments as needed.
- Provide political advice for and manage the preparation of appropriate materials to educate congressional staff and promote BPC policies.
- Provide advice to BPC policy projects on reports and messaging policies for optimal legislative action, as well as on leaders and stakeholders to engage to achieve bipartisan balance.
- Steer the tracking and analysis of federal legislative developments that affect BPC’s health and economic policies.
- Work with BPC’s Communications team in designing public events and press materials as needed.
- Provide advice to BPC’s Development team on meetings, events and materials as needed.
- Strong knowledge of and experience working on federal health care policy
- Strong understanding of the federal legislative process
- Demonstrated management experience and leadership skills in moving policies forward in the legislative arena
- Strong political skills and ability to work diplomatically with a wide spectrum of viewpoints
- Ability to manage large projects and multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s or Law degree a plus
- Five to ten years of experience working on Capitol Hill
BPC Action offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Manager/Senior Manager, BPC Action in the subject line of your email.