BPC Action is committed to seeing bipartisan policy solutions enacted into law, and we work closely with our 501(c)(3) partner, the Bipartisan Policy Center, to advance smart policies through the legislative process.
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is a solid precursor to sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process. To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans designed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to achieve policy changes on polarizing issues.
The Legislative Assistant will report to the BPC Action Executive Director. The Legislative Assistant will be responsible for providing general research support and legislative guidance to the BPC Action team.
- Manage and carry out advocacy around various policies
- Track Hill activity around policies and identify opportunities for legislative engagement and action
- Conduct legislative research and provide strategic advice for BPC Action team and select BPC policy projects
- Participate in congressional outreach and represent BPC Action on behalf of BPC’s policy projects at regular meetings with congressional members and staff
- Provide political advice for and manage the preparation of appropriate materials to educate congressional staff and promote BPC policies
- Provide advice to BPC policy projects on reports and messaging policies for optimal legislative action
- Monitor federal legislative developments that affect BPC’s policy projects
- Work with BPC’s Communications team in designing public events and press materials as needed
- Provide advice to BPC’s Development team on meetings, events and materials as needed
- Strong understanding of the federal legislative process and demonstrated history of legislative success
- Strong political skills and ability to work diplomatically with a wide spectrum of viewpoints
- Ability to manage large projects and multi-task
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience working on Capitol Hill
BPC Action offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Legislative Assistant, BPC Action in the subject line of your email.
BPC Action is an equal opportunity employer.