The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The HR Assistant reports to the Senior Director of HR and will assist in coordinating the human resources and administrative functions of the Bipartisan Policy Center.
- Coordinate benefit enrollments and serve as employee liaison with brokers and vendors in answering questions and resolving individual issues
- Post job openings and review applications
- Schedule and assist with interviews
- Assist with new hire onboarding process
- Work with the accounting team on biweekly payroll changes
- Assist with benefits renewal, 403b audit, and other annual processes
- Coordinate internship program
- Assist planning staff outings and in-house engagement activities
- Assist with facilities management responsibilities as necessary; ensure needs of the organization are being met and any issues are being resolved in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, introductory letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, HR Assistant, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.