The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Bipartisan Policy Center is seeking candidates for the position of Health Innovation Director. The position will report to G. William Hoagland, M.S., BPC Senior Vice President. The position will be responsible for the Center’s focus on the digital revolution occurring within the health care system. Various facets of the project will address the broad areas of health information technology, digital health, medical devices, telehealth, private sector payment and delivery reform, and biomedical innovations such as therapeutic antibodies. The role of the private sector and government in health information development, including FDA modernization will also be within the purview of the Health Innovation Director.
The Director will be responsible for including strategic policy and tactical thinking; organizational management of events, communications, and contacts; and leadership on issues ranging from fundraising to publishing original analysis and research. Further the Director will be part of the BPC’s broader Health Program and will coordinate with other health directors supporting public payment and delivery system reforms as well as preventative health care services.
- Manage all aspects of the Health Innovation initiative
- Work directly with Senior Advisers supporting the BPC Health Program
- Conceptualize, develop and produce written products, public events, and other activities to highlight and promote bipartisan policy recommendations
- Recruit, manage, and regularly convene a high-level bipartisan group of experts
- Work with the BPC Action to conduct outreach to Members of Congress and staff;
- Work with the development team in securing additional resources for the Project;
- Work with communications staff to develop op-eds, blog posts, and content for BPC website and eNewsletter and social networking sites that demonstrates Project activities, goals, and successes;
- Develop and manage annual Project budget;
- Work with BPC administrative and event staff and outside vendors to plan and execute events.
- Meaningful group leadership and/or project management experience
- Advanced degree, such as a Medical or Masters Degree in Public Policy or Public Administration or Doctorate in Political Science
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, research and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- A deep interest in public policy and governance issues
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Health Innovation Director, in the subject line of your email.