The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Director of Events is responsible for overseeing events and programming designed to attract media coverage and promote BPC to development, stakeholder and Hill audiences. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications.
- Develop, implement and manage all public and private event programming for organization.
- Create and execute strategies to promote the BPC brand through events, identifying topics and participants that are compelling, timely and newsworthy.
- Oversee and manage BPC’s events team. Coach and mentor junior staff.
- Ensure smooth execution of all event logistics.
- Work with the development and legislative teams to strategize and conceptualize new and creative BPC events, including annual and biennial signature events.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with external event partners to generate new ideas and opportunities for events and collaborations.
- Directly interface with Projects and the development and legislative teams to generate ideas for programs and events.
- Work with communications, development and legislative teams to identify target audiences and develop and implement strategies for reaching these audiences.
- Regularly advise Projects and senior leadership on the success of events and recommend strategies for increasing effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain high standards of event execution.
- Conduct and coordinate post-event evaluations to assess impact of BPC events.
- Work with BPC’s web team to integrate digital strategies into events programming.
- Manage internal staff, outside vendors and events budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 10 years of direct experience in event planning. Experience managing staff and budgets required.
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A demonstrated innovative and creative approach to developing successful events programming.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure. Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience dealing with and managing high level principals.
- Digital communications skills a plus, including how to use effectively use social media platforms as part of event programming.
- Occasional travel required. Ability to work event-based hours, including occasional nights and weekends as needed.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to [email protected] Please be sure to include the title of this job, Director of Events, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.