The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Director of Digital Media provides oversight of BPC’s digital media operations, including BPC-related websites, social media platforms, podcasts, videos, and all online content. The director is responsible for setting the organization’s digital media strategy and overseeing the team members who assist in executing against it. Responsibilities include leading the creation and curation of engaging website content; building social media reach and impact (including directing paid campaigns); establishing and maintaining brand consistency across all platforms; actively monitoring various platform analytics and adjusting digital strategy; and managing relevant vendor contracts and the digital media team budget.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the VP, Communications and/or the Senior Director of Communications to develop and execute the organization’s digital media strategy;
- Work with the Senior Director of Communications to establish a publishing schedule and oversee the dissemination and incorporation of said content;
- In conjunction with the VP or Senior Director of Communications, advise senior BPC leaders on all aspects of digital communications;
- Collaborate with BPC staff to maintain, edit, update, and enhance existing website content; and produce new, compelling content to enrich the website and publicize BPC;
- Direct online coverage of BPC policy events and conferences, with tasks ranging from webcast setup to live-tweeting;
- Track and document trends in website traffic using Google Analytics and share periodic updates with BPC staff;
- Oversee all design projects, including coordination of budgets and vendors;
- With the digital media coordinator (responsible for BPC’s social media), work to promote BPC principals, events, and policy expertise on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr, and YouTube; conceptualize and execute online ad campaigns, including Twitter Promoted Account and Promoted Tweets campaigns;
- Preserve the integrity of BPC’s brand guidelines by advising staff on best practices for website materials and email design/structure;
- Oversee development of emails and e-newsletters to share relevant content with BPC’s subscribers;
- Coordinate with relevant website vendors on new projects and troubleshoot various web-related problems when necessary;
- Closely coordinate with the press secretary, senior advisors, and the director of events to ensure all digital platforms and content support the goals of the press and events teams;
- Direct the daily activities and oversee the professional development of the members of the digital team;
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of digital management experience
- 5+ years of web development experience, experience with WordPress preferred
- Strong understanding of web analytics, additional certifications in Google Analytics, Adwords, or similar preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work with a team, but capable of working independently and being self-motivated
- Demonstrated proficiency with content management systems,
- Organizational-level experience publishing and tracking on platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Brightcove, iTunes, Stitcher, Blubrry or similar.
- Experience with ClickDimensions or other email marketing software
- Experience with graphic design software a plus
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS, and video editing skills a plus
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected] Please be sure to include the title of this job, Director of Digital Media, in the subject line of your email.