The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC is seeking a Digital Media Assistant to join our Digital team. This individual will oversee the day-to-day operations on Bipartisanpolicy.org, including posting new content and checking for quality control issues. The Digital Media Assistant will play an important role in dissemination of BPC’s research and ideas, ensuring that our content connects with audiences by optimizing it for search engines and social media. The Digital Media Assistant will also lead our email marketing efforts, taking the lead on email creation and sends. Additionally, the role will assist in social media posting and optimization. The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter, looking for opportunities to improve BPC’s web analytics, marketing campaigns, and generating tactics for increasing engagement and reach.
- Managing content releases on BPC’s web properties. This includes posting content, updating the homepage, updating topic pages, writing teasers, and curating content for marketing purposes.
- Crafting, designing, measuring, and releasing BPC email sends
- Scheduling and creating BPC’s social media posts
- Aiding in regular site updates by performing quality assurance and regression tests
- Ensuring the quality of content posted. This person would ensure that posts are free of grammatical errors, links are not broken, images are of highest quality, and content is regularly updated
- Optimizing content for the web, including tagging, metadata, SEO keyword searches, and link sharing
- Using Google Analytics or other tools to measure the performance of BPC web properties
- Ability to respond to site issues, social media needs, and post occasional special releases outside of normal business hours
- Invent creative strategies and content to grow our social media and marketing channels
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience using web content management systems or blog platforms like WordPress and Drupal
- Working knowledge of basic HTML and image editing
- Working knowledge of any major email marketing platform (Mailchimp, Pardot, ClickDimensions etc.)
- Strong attention to detail, including editing and proofreading skills
- Experience using Google Analytics and other Webmaster tools
- Demonstrated interest in social media marketing, SEO, analytics, or other relevant digital skills.
- Video editing skills a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology a plus
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job (Digital Media Assistant), in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.