BPC Action, a 501(c)(4) partner to the Bipartisan Policy Center, is committed to seeing bipartisan policy solutions enacted into law and works closely with BPC to advance smart policies through the legislative process.
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is a solid precursor to sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process. To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans designed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to achieve policy changes on polarizing issues.
The Communications Coordinator will play an integral role in BPC Action’s advocacy team. The Communications Coordinator will work with the advocacy team performing research, writing, and analysis and assist the team with communications and social media platforms. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- Support the legislative affairs team in advocacy efforts with research, planning, and preparation of meeting briefs, presentations and reports
- Monitor congressional committee actions related to BPC Action interests
- Draft and disseminate advocacy and outreach materials including statements, press releases and fact sheets in coordination with the legislative and communications teams
- Manage BPC Action’s website content and social media platform
- Assist the administrative team with communication sends, congressional interaction tracking and other necessary tasks
- BA or BS degree
- Two years of related experience. Congressional and communication experience is a plus
- Strong writing and verbal skills required
- An ability to work under tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Demonstrated skill to work well in a team and independently
- Knowledge of web content management and digital media
BPC Action offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Communications Coordinator in the subject line of your email.