The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC is currently seeking an associate director of foundation relations for the organization’s development department.
Reporting to the senior director of foundation relations, the associate director will assist in the execution of the annual fundraising plan for institutional foundation support. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Senior Director to implement a strategy to secure foundation gifts, including:
- Cultivating support for BPC’s current programs;
- Cultivating support for new initiatives that expand upon BPC’s core competencies;
- Cultivating add-on support linked to new or expanded priorities of current foundation donors that aligns with BPC programs/focus areas.
- Conduct research to evaluate foundations for alignment with BPC programs and emerging initiatives, and make initial recommendations of prospects to be prioritized for cultivation.
- Monitor the strategies and program priorities of current foundation donors to assess opportunities for expanding their support of BPC.
- Regularly meet with the Senior Director and VP of Programs to review the above information, make prioritization refinements as required, and develop cultivation strategies for new donor prospects as well as current donors.
- Create introductory letters, fact sheets, concept notes, proposals and other collateral and communications for cultivating and soliciting priority funding prospects.
- Engage with project teams through participation in select revenue and project meetings.
- Supervise the following activities of the Grants Coordinator:
- Expand the pipeline of foundation prospects, including acquiring contact data, segmenting this data into target audiences, and updating the foundation database as needed to reflect new or expanded donor program priorities;
- Manage the foundation calendar that includes cultivation, proposal development, reporting, and stewardship activities throughout the year;
- Regularly update the revenue pipeline to track progress toward the annual budget goal.
- Plan and execute meetings with foundations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4 to 6 years of development/communications experience in a nonprofit or similar organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex policy and programmatic priorities.
- Ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through on plans.
- Ability to balance big-picture thinking with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to the BPC mission and the ability to translate that commitment into
- compelling donor communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Associate Director of Foundation Relations, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer