The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations works to identify and generate funding from existing and new corporate donors. This position reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Relations.
The Associate Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for contributing to the success of the Bipartisan Policy Center’s annual fundraising goals. A priority of the position is the effective written and oral presentation of BPC’s mission, programmatic priorities and initiatives, and impacts, especially through the development, execution and follow-up of solicitations and proposals. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Senior Director of Corporate Relations and team to develop multiple campaign strategies to maintain current donor base and to cultivate and expand prospective donor base
- Create and implement integrated fundraising strategy to secure gifts from corporations, including creative ways to introduce current funders to new programs
- Draft solicitation letters, concept papers, presentations, and reports, and engage in ongoing corporate outreach activities
- Research corporate philanthropic goals and interests in order to identify potential partners and prepare prospective donor profiles and reports as needed
- Oversee and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts for corporate prospects and donors while managing part of the Corporate Coordinators’ tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide analysis and reports to track corporate progress toward fundraising goals
- Plan and execute stakeholder meetings to promote long-term corporate support and engagement
- Coordinate with communications staff on related activities, including but not limited to: annual report, donor newsletters, online corporate activities and other outreach materials to corporate donors
- Work with BPC’s leaders – senior fellows, board and their staff – to engage them in outreach to corporate members and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 to 6 years of fundraising/development experience in a nonprofit, association, or similar organization required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to research and grasp complex policy and programmatic priorities
- Track record of obtaining, retaining and building upon high level corporate support
- Ability to translate highly technical information and concepts into easily readable language
- Ability to work with organization’s senior leadership (staff, Board) and engage them in all development activities.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment while juggling priorities and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal interaction skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and skill with other software applications (CRM is a plus)
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs and departments
- Resourceful, results oriented, team-player with a positive “can do” attitude
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Assistant Director of Corporate Relations, in the subject line of your email.