BPC Action is committed to seeing bipartisan policy solutions enacted into law, and we work closely with our 501(c)(3) partner, the Bipartisan Policy Center, to advance smart policies through the legislative process.
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is a solid precursor to sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process. To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans designed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to achieve policy changes on polarizing issues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling: manage scheduling for the Executive Director and assist the advocacy team in scheduling meetings with congressional offices and stakeholder groups, as well as Capitol Hill
- Project support: primary administrative support to BPC Action including fielding phone calls and other clerical tasks; prepping materials for meetings; processing reimbursement requests, invoices and credit card statements; completing quarterly LDA legal reports to ensure ethics compliance; and providing policy and legislative research assistance as
- Organizational: oversee logistics for and attend project related meetings as requested by project management, including booking conference rooms, ordering catering, preparing pre-meeting and post-meeting notes and memorandum,
- Tracking: monitor and track BPC Action grant reports; track advocacy impacts on Capitol Hill, including managing database of Hill interactions, legislative successes, congressional engagement activities, and BPC-wide federal policy
- Communications and Events: work with Communications Coordinator on electronic dissemination of policy materials and event invites to congressional offices; maintain targeted mailing lists of Hill staffers; assist in management of CRM system; work with the Events team to plan and support internal and external events; work with Operations staff to oversee BPC Action Board of Directors meetings, including scheduling communications and meetings with Board members, production of board materials and maintaining meeting
- Management: manage intern selection and program
- Other duties as
- Organization and ability to manage and complete multiple tasks is a must
- Previous Hill experience a plus
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Previous scheduling experience
BPC Action offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Assistant, BPC Action, in the subject line of your email.
BPC Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer.