The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
Provide general front desk administrative and clerical support, including:
- Serve as initial point of contact for all BPC visitors; handle queries from the public and route all incoming calls and general emails to appropriate staff members
- Maintain knowledge of daily events, whereabouts and movements in and out of the organization
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Schedule conference rooms for staff members and arrange catering for in house BPC general functions as needed
- Input and update contacts into CRM database
- Assist with internet research tasks as requested
- Assist with overflow work from other members of the administrative team and the BPC Operations team as needed
- Assist HR Director with preparing new hire packets and updating electronic files
- Prepare UPS and FedEx shipments for the BPC Operations team as needed
- Ensure reception is tidy and organized
- Assist HR Director with coordinating the internship program
- Other duties as assigned
- Computer skills a must. Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with visitors and internal departments
- Ability to multi-task and problem‐solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to: computers, telephone systems, and copy machines.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Self-starter and innovative
BPC offers a competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, introductory letter, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, in the subject line of your email.
The Bipartisan Policy Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.