The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
- Manage preparation for President’s engagement in public events, including:
- Background memos
- Talking Points
- Questions for moderated discussions
- Any other briefing material needed including reading and summarizing books for events with authors.
- Prepare a daily briefing book
- Pull together any background materials needed for meetings/activities
- Travel with President
- Manage preparation for meetings; work closely with the development team for all fundraising activities
- Attend meetings
- Take notes
- Work closely with Chief Operating Officer, ensure dissemination of feedback from meetings to appropriate BPC staff
- Ensure that President’s logistics are working
- Assist with BPC events on the road that President is attending
- Digital Presence
- Help President sustain an active digital presence on twitter and other social media
- Develop daily tweets
- Work closely with VP for Programs and development team to support President in all fundraising activities
- Assist and facilitate President fundraising “to dos” and follow up
- Attend weekly development meetings
- Take assignments as needed
- Research and Writing
- Fulfill short-term research needs of President as they arise (examples include tracking down a statistic for an op-ed; finding a bio on an individual; locating an article; reading and summarizing background materials)
- Assist with the development of draft statements, blogs, letters, op-eds and other writing needs
- Coordinate closely with President’s Senior Executive Assistant on all aspects of managing the President’s work flow
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure appropriate coordination with policy projects and functional teams
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- 1-2 years of project management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in writing
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations
- Computer skills a must: experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, introductory letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Special Assistant to the President, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.