The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, D.C.-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, governance, and evidence-based policymaking.
BPC is currently seeking a Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst to support activities for BPC’s Public Health Initiative. The Public Health Initiative’s portfolio includes a wide array of public health issues including the obesity, opioid, and HIV epidemics; federal nutrition programs and policies, public health preparedness and response, and the intersection of health with other policy areas such as housing and education.
The Public Health Initiative is a part of BPC’s Health Program, which is committed to developing bipartisan policy recommendations that will improve health care quality, lower costs, and enhance health care coverage and delivery. The Program brings together political leaders and experts to produce reports and policy recommendations and works with stakeholders from other organizations to advance our policy objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position of Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst at BPC is a versatile one, involving a variety of tasks, often simultaneously. The analyst will be expected to learn about new and evolving policy issues and will interact with policy experts and political leaders. Responsibilities include:
- Conducting research on new or existing legislation, regulations, policies, and practices;
- Drafting and editing reports, policy briefs, blog posts, fact sheets, and op-eds;
- Engaging with stakeholders, senior fellows, and project principals;
- Supporting outreach and communications activities including briefings for policy makers;
- Working with the project director and the development department to draft grant proposals, grant report, and support other donor management needs.
Additional responsibilities for Senior Policy Analyst include:
- Planning and executing project meetings and roundtables;
- Oversight of specific policy workstreams including developing work plans, managing key principals, proactive stakeholder outreach, and developing written materials;
- Participation in public communication including podcasts, Facebook Life events, and external presentations; and
- Overseeing the work of junior staff and managing project interns.
- Experience conducting policy research related to federal public health legislation, regulations, policies, and practices required;
- Familiarity with CDC programs, the U.S. public health system, SNAP and child nutrition programs, and FDA nutrition regulations required;
- Familiarity with Medicare, Medicaid, and/or private insurance a plus;
- Previous grant-writing experience a plus;
- Previous participation in public health or nutrition policy stakeholder groups/coalitions a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Relevant degree in public health, health policy, public policy, or similar;
- For Policy Analyst: bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience OR relevant advanced degree and 2+ years of relevant experience
- For Senior Policy Analyst: bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience OR relevant advanced degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, transcript, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job, Policy Analyst/Senior Policy Analyst, Public Health Initiative in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.