The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Front Desk Administrative Assistant provides key operational and administrative support in a wide range of areas.
- Serve as initial point of contact for all BPC visitors; handle queries from the public and route all incoming calls and general emails to appropriate staff members
- Maintain knowledge of daily events, whereabouts and movements in and out of the organization
- Coordinate the internship program
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Schedule conference rooms for staff members and arrange catering for in house BPC general functions as needed
- Input and update contacts into CRM database
- Assist with internet research tasks as requested
- Assist with overflow work from other members of the administrative team and the BPC Operations team as needed
- Prepare UPS and FedEx shipments for the BPC Operations team as needed
- Ensure reception is tidy and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in writing
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects, large and small, in both collaborative and independent situations
- Computer skills a must: experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, introductory letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Front Desk Administrative Assistant, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.