BPC is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for logistics, planning and execution of BPC events in Washington, D.C., and around the country.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and execute public events for BPC’s policy projects, including venue selection, contracting, designing the floor plan, coordinating A/V needs, selecting catering
- Create and execute staffing plans for events, including leading pre-event briefings and designing prep materials for staff
- Collaborate with Project Area leads to design programming including, determining event needs and budget; assisting with speaker management; developing pre-event briefings and day of stage management
- Interact with VIPs including BPC leadership, elected officials, and corporate executives
- Draft runs of show, load-in schedules, emergency preparedness plans, logistics memos, and seating charts
- Develop individual event email marketing strategy, including drafting and sending email marketing materials (invitations, reminders, webcast notices, and post-event surveys) and work with program staff to build audience lists in BPC database
- Manage onsite execution of events including set-up, tear-down, registration and vendor crews
- Complete event follow-up including completing post-event forms and budgets, recording all pertinent event data, and final invoice payments
- Collaborate with Digital team to maintain accurate information on the BPC website
- Collect and review post-event data and participate in post-event debriefs with event stakeholders
- Maintain high standard of event execution, stay up to date on industry trends and innovations, and work to consistently improve the overall quality of BPC events
- Primary staff to sort through and reply to event inquiries
- Manage Catering Kitchen and catering inventory
- Primary contact for BPC catering orders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to four years of relevant experience in event/meeting planning
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- High degree of attention to detail and ability to respond effectively to changing circumstances
- Ability to interact comfortably with elected officials, corporate executives and other VIPs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines; communicate effectively; and work in a team environment
- Ability to work event-based hours including occasional nights and weekends, as needed
- Broad understanding of, and interest in current policy issues
- Experience using database software a plus
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job, Events Coordinator, in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.