The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of expert analysis and informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and advocates who represent multiple perspectives on key policy issues. We are currently focused on energy, health, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
BPC has an immediate opening for a full-time Data Assistant in the Operations Department. This position serves as pivotal link between the organization and the IT team. The primary functions of the position are to ensure that the organization maintains accurate and up-to-date information documenting our relationship with constituents. The individual in this position is also responsible for maintaining and administering our cloud-based enterprise systems including CRM, e-marketing, event registration, fundraising, and Intranet/Extranets. The Data Assistant reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Ensure that BPC data is properly structured and categorized
- Work with all BPC departments (i.e., Communications, Development, Programs, Operations, Advocacy) to maximize each team’s usage of the enterprise systems
- Provide guidance to BPC staff on data quality standards
- Perform periodic reviews of data to ensure an acceptable level of adherence to quality standards
- Initiate e-marketing improvements that enhance our communication and interaction with constituents
- Run data queries and organize data for use by BPC staff as needed
- Maintain data integrity and security
- Perform data maintenance tasks including bulk imports/exports, purges, and conversions
- Develop and execute formal queries and report results to BPC staff
- Serve as a member of the IT helpdesk support team
- Aid as needed to BPC staff performing enterprise system-related tasks
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in an IT, Development or Communications department
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, particularly Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft SharePoint preferred
- Thorough understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM in particular
- Ability to work autonomously, while enjoying the opportunity to work on a team-based tasks and projects
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize competing requests, while keeping lines of communication open
- Strong problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Data Assistant, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.