The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are focused on policy issues related to health, energy, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Corporate Relations Manager provides strategic support for the corporate team’s advancement efforts, manages the corporate campaign, and is responsible for overseeing several discrete fundraising initiatives. The position also entails strategic coordination with BPC’s leadership, policy projects, donors and prospects.
- Support the Senior Director for Corporate Relations in all aspects of the planning and execution of fundraising plan for renewing current donors and securing prospective donors.
- Manage all appeals, renewals, and regular communications as part of BPC’s corporate campaign. Ensure all data associated with renewal and close dates are tracked, reviewed and recorded in CRM.
- Ensure BPC’s corporate prospect pipeline is robust and constantly growing. Research prospects; engage project directors and BPC leadership to provide input to build pipeline. Regularly assess pipeline progress with the Senior Director for Corporate Relations.
- Assist with stewardship efforts to ensure corporate donors and prospects are kept up-to-date on BPC’s projects and made aware of opportunities for engagement. Outreach includes content distribution and event invitations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams to ensure effective outreach and follow-up.
- Manage new efforts to build corporate governance portfolio, including targeted Leaders’ Council gatherings and additional, external-facing corporate governance projects.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with current and prospective donors that could include BPC leadership and project directors.
- Travel to relevant external meetings and events in WDC and around the country, providing support to Sr. Director and other BPC leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a non-profit fundraising environment
- Experience in cultivating and stewarding donor relationships
- Experience with donor management, and the ability to handle support to the organization’s leadership in its fundraising efforts
- Ability to think strategically, and to anticipate and orchestrate next steps
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and tasks at one time while balancing big-picture thinking with attention to detail
- Top-notch organizational skills; ability to initiate, prioritize, and follow through
- Research skills and computer literacy; proficiency in Word, Excel, and report/query tools preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to the BPC’s mission and the ability to translate that commitment into compelling donor communications
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to [email protected]. Please include the title of this job, Corporate Relations Manager, in the subject line of the application email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.