Health and Housing Task Force Internship Description
The Health and Housing Task Force consists of two Republicans and two Democrats with experience and expertise in the housing and health policy fields. Former HUD Secretaries Henry Cisneros and Mel Martinez, and former Representatives Allyson Schwartz and Vin Weber will work together to bridge the political divide as well as the policy silos that have separated the housing and health sectors.
The advisory council to the Health and Housing Task Force, a politically diverse group of practitioners, academics, and policy experts, will serve as a sounding board and critical source of guidance. The council will assist in identifying innovative practices, new research, and key policies that enable Americans to age successfully in their homes and communities.
The intern will work with project staff on writing and research, event planning, monitoring news and congressional activity, blogging, and communications activities. Specific responsibilities will be determined based on the successful candidate’s interests and the needs of the task force.
- Must be an enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Strong research and writing skills
- Efficient worker with ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong interest in housing policy, economic, finance, and community development issues