First Republic Sold to J.P. Morgan: How Do We Prevent the Next Bank Failure?
This event has passed.
The failure of San Francisco-based First Republic Bank – the second largest in U.S. history – raises new concerns about the structure of America’s banking system. Is this the end of a bad streak or could we see more?
Join us for a discussion on what the third bank collapse in the last two months may mean for the economy, a review of new FDIC proposals on deposit insurance reforms, the most recent interest rate decision by the Federal Reserve, and what can be done to prevent the next bank failure.
Our guests: Former Rep. John Delaney, Founder and Executive Chairman of Forbright Bank, Randy Hultgren, President and CEO, Illinois Bankers Association, and Professor Da Lin, Richmond University School of Law, on her testimony this week to the Senate Banking Committee on holding executives accountable.
- Michele Nellenbach | Vice President of Strategic Initiatives, BPC
- John Delaney | Chairman and CEO, Forbright Bank and Former U.S. Representative
- Randy Hultgren | President and CEO, Illinois Bankers Association, Former U.S. Representative
- Da Lin | Associate Professor, University of Richmond School of Law
- Steve Scully | Senior Vice President of Communications, BPC
More Upcoming Events
Sign Up for Event Updates
BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.