Development Team Internship Description
The success of the Bipartisan Policy Center depends on the ability of the organization to secure funding for its individual initiatives and the organization as a whole. The development team is continually looking to expand our existing funding resources and establish relationships with new fundraising prospects.
The development intern will gain experience and knowledge of the myriad components needed to sustain a successful non-profit organization. Interest in non-profit management or prior experience with fundraising projects, prospect/donor/marketing research, or donor communications is highly preferred.
The development intern will assist in the day-to-day activities of fundraising, working closely with BPC development team, as well as members of BPC’s project areas. The development intern will work closely with the senior director of development operations on special projects related to donor cultivation, stewardship, and outreach.
Specific duties include:
- Researching funding prospects (including new foundations, individuals and corporations)
- Data entry related to adding and maintaining accurate constituent information
- Organizational and planning assistance with meetings and special events
- Prepare briefing memos for use by leadership and external audiences
- Draft correspondence (email, talking points, proposals, donor stewardship)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel essential; database software experience desirable
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skills
- Collaborative team player