Government Relations Internship Description
BPC Action is the legislative arm of the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC). It promotes the organization’s policy recommendations and provides each project with strategic guidance and outreach support to Congress and the White House. BPC develops policy recommendations that are the result of reasoned negotiation among leading experts, former lawmakers and stakeholders from all sides of an issue. The BPC Action team strongly advocates for the enactment of BPC’s bipartisan solutions.
The intern will assist staff on multiple projects: Economic, Energy, Health, National Security, Transportation, and Housing. Responsibilities include research and writing, event planning, monitoring news and congressional activity, blogging, communications activities and administrative duties as needed. The intern will be exposed to key players in the policy-making field and participate in strategic political outreach.
- Must be an enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Strong research and writing skills
- Efficient worker with ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong interest and understanding of the legislative process and a keen understanding of current events