EVENT: The George Washington University’s Face the Facts USA will host prominent politicians, policy experts and journalists for a role-playing event focused on the economic crisis. Frank Sesno, director of GW’s School of Media and Public Affairs, will pose hypothetical scenarios related to the global economy, sequestration and the debt ceiling, and panelists will leverage their unique perspectives to respond to these potential challenges.
Confirmed players include:
- Former U.S. Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT)
- Journalist, Author and Blogger Farai Chideya
- U.S. Representative Donna Edwards (D-MD)
- The Atlantic National Correspondent James Fallows
- Former Hewlett Packard Chairman and CEO Carly Fiorina
- Former Mayor Pam Iorio (D-Tampa, FL)
- Former Governor Bill Richardson (D-NM)
- U.S. Representative Scott Rigell (R-VA)
- President, Center for American Progress Neera Tanden
- Former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN)
WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013; 7 p.m.
The George Washington University
School of Media and Public Affairs Building
Jack Morton Auditorium
805 21st St., NW, Washington, D.C.
Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro (Orange and Blue lines)
RSVP: Media should RSVP to Taylor Tibbetts at (202) 994-1462 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Attendee registration is required.
BACKGROUND: This event is co-sponsored by the Bipartisan Policy Center and AmericaSpeaks. For more information, visit http://americancrisis.eventbrite.com/.