The Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) hosted a live Twitter Q&A featuring Steve Bell, senior director of BPC’s Economic Policy Project. Bell fielded questions on emerging economic trends, the looming sequester, and legislation passed last week in the House that would reshape BPC’s debt limit “X Date” projection.
Bell served on the staff of former Senator Pete Domenici (R-NM) from 1974 to 1986 and then again from 1996 to 2009. He was staff director of the Senate Budget Committee from 1981 until 1986.
- The House Republican Debt Limit Proposal, Explained
- What is a Government Default on its Debt?
- Debt Limit Analysis
Recent Media Appearances
- House passes bill to defuse debt ceiling, CNNMoney
- Hard Choices on Debt if the U.S. Hits the Ceiling, The New York Times
- VIDEO: Steve Bell on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal
Continue the Conversation
Tuesday, January 29, 7PM
Join BPC as our distinguished panel of financial market experts, Wall Street investors and opinion makers discusses various aspects surrounding the debt ceiling debate
Wednesday, February 6, 10AM