Read a blog post recapping the event here.
The Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC), in collaboration with Seton Healthcare Family, hosted a policy conference entitled “Healthy Ideas Showcase: Changing the Way Health Care is Delivered” in Austin, Texas. The conference featured national and local health care leaders highlighting significant progress in health professional workforce development and new models of care enabled by health information technology in the state of Texas. Keynote speakers included former Senate Majority Leaders Tom Daschle and Bill Frist, and president and chief operating officer of Seton Healthcare Family, Charles Barnett.
Selected Texas-based innovations in health care delivery enabled either by workforce development strategies or health IT were featured at the event’s Health Innovation Exchange, hosted by the BPC in collaboration with Seton Healthcare Family and the Texas e-Health Alliance.
View the Health Innovation Exchange participants here.
- Charles Barnett, FACHE, president and CEO, Seton Healthcare Family
- Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, co-chair, BPC’s Health Project
- Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, co-chair, BPC’s Health Project
Panel Discussion Innovation in Texas
- Moderator: Jason Grumet, president, BPC
- Mark Strama, Texas state representative
- John Zerwas, Texas state representative
Panel Discussion Innovations in Workforce Development
- Moderator: Kavita Patel, MD, MSHS, co-chair, BPC’s Health Professional Workforce Initiative
- Ken Shine, MD, executive vice chancellor for health affairs, The University of Texas System
- Jon Hockenyos, president, TXP
- Michael Stearns, MD, president and CEO, e-MDs; board president, Texas e-Health Alliance
- Yvonne VanDyke, vice president, Nursing Education, Practice, Research & CME; administrator, Clinical Education Center at Brackenridge
Panel Discussion Innovations in Health Care Delivery Enabled by Health IT
- Moderator: Janet Marchibroda, chair, BPC’s Health Information Technology Initiative
- Stephen Palmer, state health IT coordinator and director, Office of e-Health Coordination, Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Diana Resnik, president and CEO, Seton Shoal Creek Hospital and Community Care, Seton Healthcare Family
- Christopher Crow, MD, Village Health Partners
- Chris Dammert, director, Navigation Services, LIVESTRONG
Health Innovation Exchange
- Julie Barnes, director of health policy, BPC