The Bipartisan Policy Center Housing Commission hosted a regional forum in Dallas, TX. The forum explored pressing issues in housing today - homeownership and the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage, housing finance reform, and expanding the affordable housing supply with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit - and featured both keynote remarks and panel discussions by key members of Congress and leaders in the housing industry.
Featuring Keynote Remarks by:
- Congressman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX-5), Chairman, House Committee on Financial Services
- Mel Martinez, former U.S. Senator and Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development; Co-Chair of the BPC Housing Commission
- Henry Cisneros, former Secretary, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development; Co-Chair of the BPC Housing Commission
- Opening Remarks
- Panel I: Overview of the BPC Housing Commission Recommendations
- Keynote: Eric Belsky l View presentation slides
- Panel II: Homeownership and the 30-year Fixed-Rate Mortgage
- Keynote: Congressman Jeb Hensarling
- Panel III: Perspectives on Housing Finance Reform: Will Private Capital Step Up?
- Panel IV: Market Trends
- Panel V: Expanding the Affordable Housing Supply with the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- Closing Remarks