Senior Policy Analyst
Contact Shai Akabas
Shai Akabas joined the Bipartisan Policy Center's (BPC) Economic Policy Project in 2010. He staffed the Domenici-Rivlin Debt Reduction Task Force that year, and then assisted Visiting Scholar Jerome Powell in his work on the federal debt ceiling in 2011.
Prior to joining BPC, Shai worked as a satellite office director on New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s 2009 campaign for reelection. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees for Beit Rabban, a Jewish day school on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. He was born and raised in New York City, and received his B.A. in economics and history from Cornell University.
Read Akabas' blog posts here.
- White House has some flexibility in choosing $85B spending cuts
The Hill, March 2, 2013
- Health care overhaul rolls on despite budget havoc
Associated Press, March 1, 2013
- Region braces for federal spending cuts
Associated Press, February 19, 2013
- As cuts loom, Stanton and other mayors criticize Congress for inaction
Arizona Capitol Times, January 18, 2013
- Kansas readies for impact of fiscal cliff
McClatchy Newspapers, December 7, 2012
- As ‘fiscal cliff’ looms, debate over pre-Election Day layoff notices heats up
The Washington Post, July 30, 2012
- Could the debt-ceiling debate return before the election?
The Washington Post, September 2, 2011
Staff, Economic Policy Project